Tuesday, October 14, 2008

About Me

I'm terrible at introductions, but here goes...

I am a natural light photographer serving the Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley areas. Before becomming a photographer, I was a graphic designer and art director working in the entertainment industry. I created and/or art directed key art, packaging and promotions for such companies as Blizzard Entertainment (World of WarCraft being my last title), Universal, Fox, Sierra Online as well as numerous children's entertainment companies, including Knowledge Adventure and the Jim Henson Company. I loved my job, but after having my first child, I realized that I needed more time to be with my family and became a consultant.

A little while after the birth of my second child, my sister purchased a digital SLR camera and began showing me the work she was creating of her kids. Her photos blew me away and I was inspired to get my own camera and follow her into the online photography community of Flickr. (I'd had a few photography classes in college, but frankly, sitting in a stinky darkroom just didn't do it for me. I liked the immediacy, color and textures of painting and graduated with a degree in fine art).

The world of digital photography hooked me. I'd worked extensively in Photoshop for almost 17 years at my job and so being able to "process" my photos at the computer was heaven. The flexibility and possibilities were endless. Once I had that camera, I shot and processed pictures every day. It was an obsession. It still is.

I enjoy taking pictures of just about everything.

If you like my non-traditional style of photography, please contact me and I'll be happy to send you a PDF brochure that explains more about my style, what to expect the day of your shoot and a price list. If you get that brochure and our expectations mesh, we'll talk on the phone about your specific needs and schedule a date. If not, don't worry, I won't hassle you. I have little kids -- I'm too busy to hassle anyone.